Monday, June 13, 2011

Creative Minority Report: Palin Email: "A Down's Syndrome Baby will Expand your World"

Creative Minority Report: Palin Email: "A Down's Syndrome Baby will Expand your World"

Reading this today reminded me that my 53 year old mentally retarded brother really is a gift to our family.  I always think of him when I hear the song, "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother." (Which is kind of an inside joke because he's overweight and tells people he's having a baby.)  So this morning when he annoyed me by eating the last of the Cap'n Crunch, and waking my husband up to get his morning shave, I didn't get crabby.  I thought of Trig, and Pat and all of his Downs friends and thanked God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hatred of Sarah Palin by liberals and even neo-cons was a mystery for her supporters. A number of possible answers were given but, for me, a couple of the most obvious were: 1. She was too good looking (female envy syndrome, which is hugely magnified if the person is aligned with a cause you do not like) 2. She has too many kids (an affront to the DINK and 3-is-max mentality) 3. She has a Down's Syndrome child (which many women would or have aborted today. It is a serious affront to abortion supporters).