Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fetal Pigs on Sale for $7.95

http://www.nebraskascientific.com/

 My Brother's family has moved out of my house and into their own.  And we have begun another  year of Home school at the Carl Ranch.  That means we have opened up the  Thames & Kosmos CHEM C3000!!! 

1.  I would like to say that while cooking and chemistry share certain properties, they are not to be mixed.  I don't care that the Mom in A Wrinkle in Time cooked dinner over her bunsen burner.  It's fiction.  Do not allow yourself to be talked out of that by the angelic 10 year old wearing protective goggles.  Cuteness can be a weapon.

2.  Fetal pigs may be on sale only once a year, but if your mother could by any chance smell formaldehyde coming from your freezer, it is better to wait and pay more for the pig.

3.  Microscopes that hook up to your computer via USB cords are very cool.

4.  Crayola 64 packs allow you to turn pictures into coloring pages.  I think this is very cool.  I will be asking my pastor if I can use this technology to make coloring pages out of the artwork at our beloved St. Cecilia Cathedral.  How cool would that be for Coloring and Contemplation?

5.  I wish everyone a safe and happy return to school.  Whether you teach at home or in a school, whether you learn at home or in a school, may God bless all of you, and us with a desire for truth as we accumulate knowledge.

"May He support us all the day long,
till the shades lengthen, and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over and our work is done!
Then in His mercy may He give us a safe lodging,
and a holy rest, and peace at the last."
John Henry Newman (1801-1890)

Happy 2010/11 School Year To All

No comments: