Friday, February 22, 2013

Homoheresy in the Catholic Church

I have often wondered how, in such a short time-span in the history of humankind, we have become so desensitized to homosexual behavior.  Homosexuality is not just accepted, but promoted and protected by law.  Now it is celebrated in 'gay-friendly' parishes and at 'gay' Masses. I can understnad this from the culture at large, but in the church, I find it strange.

I should admit first that I have gay students in my classes, and would never speak against their sexuality in the classroom or in private meetings with students.  I have found that militant homosexuals are more likely to create a hostile class/work environments than any other group, with the possible exception of militant pro-abortion feminists.

When I am not restricted by my job, I want to be free from fear of retribution for speaking the truth of church teaching.  Shouldn't we all be able to do that?  Especially the Pope?

Please go to this link and read the article.  It is long.  Print it out.  Make notes in the margins as you recall events in your encounters with various Catholics that bothered you, but there was nothing overtly wrong.  And then share this article with as many people as you can.

And from Creative Minority Report, do you remember when Massachusetts, especially Boston, was the home of a strong Catholic Population?

Fr. Dariusz Oko needs our prayers.  And so does the Pope.


No comments: