Monday, May 2, 2011

Doom, Death, Destruction

The truth is that, at this time, Osama Bin Ladin's death means very little to our security as a nation.  Unless you view this episode on a time-line.  The time-line has to include the future as seen by OBL's followers.

Looking back only, only Americans and our friends can celebrate his death.  Or maybe only people who have a primary concern in the continuance of their lifestyles can celebrate.  Go out and drink all night, yell slogans of hate, dance in the streets, eat a BigMac, and sleep late the next day.  I'm not against drink, but the only difference here between us and the Arab street is the alcohol.

I'm going to tell you all about a mystic experience.  Last night, as the attack on OBL was happening in Pakistan, I was sitting on my deck, looking at the sky.

I saw a face in the sky.  Now, I'm not one of those face in a grilled-cheese people.  This never happens to me.  I looked at a face in the clouds, and said, "  Is that you Jesus, or is it some evil face?"  What happened next was surprising.

The cloud face stared at me.  I watched it as it blew away.  But what was weird was how quickly the face blew away, while the rest of the clouds remained unchanged.

And that is what happened to OBL.  The face has blown away.  The clouds remain.

May God forgive him.  May God forgive those who can't forgive him. 

Thank God for the young Navy Seals who took on this challenge.

May God guide our leaders to pursue those actions that are important and meaningful.  May God guide us as we choose those who choose our national course of action.

No comments: