This is evident in a brief selected history of television journalism in the last 50 years:
- Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, and David Brinkley (among others) subtly led the American public to left-leanings throughout their time on the air waves.
- "News magazines" like 60 minutes, 20/20, and Nightline expanded the role of opinion laced 'investigative' journalism on T.V.
- The expansion of Talk radio began a backlash among liberal t.v. news broadcasters to provide more venues for opinion, particularly as 24 hour news cycles were created by cable news networks.
- Fox News was created by Murdoch with a unique commitment to fairness that sheds light on the radical left leanings of other news networks. This development reveals the 'conspiracy of silence' that had existed among the intellectual elite in journalism.
- When they can no longer deny their own bias, networks and politicians begin to attack the Fox messenger. George Soros provides the funding, and the President of the United States provides the credibility for these ad hominem attacks.
Why discredit and distance yourselves from some of your most visible warriors? This is an obvious trick used by those who wish to establish their credibility. You sacrifice some of your own in the name of ethics, just before you make false charges of ethics violations against a real innocent. They say, "You see, we have taken action against those who were misusing their power. Now you must do the same to... (fill in the blank) ... in order to prove your credibility."
Of course, whomever 'they' choose to hang will either be a meaningless puppet of theirs, or a someone completely ethical and therefore abhorrent to them.
Now we can only wait and see.